Murder Mystery: The Wedding Reception – 11th May 2019
There’s Murder in Mind at Hadley Park!
Our award-winning Shropshire hotel is delighted to welcome the talented team from Murder 57 for an evening of romance, intrigue …. and murder!
Welcome to the The Wedding Reception … but it’s a night of murder
Guests are invited to join elderly, upper class Bertrum Wallace-Smythe and his young, unsophisticated bride, Zoë Matthews, at the evening reception to celebrate their marriage. Not everyone feels like celebrating however. Will these two very mismatched families get on – or will their dirty laundry be aired in public?
We will be serving a delicious two-course dinner and coffee during which time the action will unfold around you. Once you’ve interrogated, pondered and discovered whodunnit, the evening event will follow with a disco.
Our Murder Mystery is priced at £39.50pp which includes a 2-course dinner with tea and coffee, entertainment and disco.
Stay over in one of our 22 bedrooms for £89 per room (based on double occupancy, including full Shropshire breakfast). Large Suites and Executive Rooms also available at an additional charge.
Suggested dress code for the evening is: Wedding Outfits.
What to Expect from your Evening:
- All character roles in the murder mystery are played by a cast of professional actors.
- Your role during the event is to act as an investigator – questioning the suspects, watching the incidents and perhaps, discovering bodies! Guests are not required to act nor to be put into teams.
- The action will unfold around you and you will have the opportunity to interrogate all the suspects. You are also encouraged to freely roam the restaurant and to talk to characters as often as you wish.
- The event will be continuous throughout. Be careful you don’t miss anything!
- Evidence will be displayed for you to study.
- Please note that you may find yourself seated with guests from other parties and there will almost certainly be a character from the cast on your table.
- Large groups may be required to be split amongst two tables and a character involved in the cast may be required to sit with you.
How to Participate:
- Bring a note pad and a pen with you to jot down everything you hear and to make sure you don’t forget anything!
- Interrogate the suspects. They may have something to hide.
- Listen carefully to what the suspects are saying to each other.
- Read the evidence that is displayed.
- Watch for any hidden facial expression that may give away a guilty secret.
- Be suspicious and trust your instincts.
- Above all, stay alert and keep your eyes and ears open. Trust no one. The person sitting next to you may be a murderer.
Please do not change the seating arrangements. The characters do not carry evidence on their person or in their pockets or handbags. Murder 57 aim to provide the best possible entertainment and cannot do so if there is excessive heckling or noise. Please be considerate to other guests. Finally, Murder 57 will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behaviour towards any actor or member of staff.
Hadley Park House Hotel is an award-winning four-star hotel in Shropshire. We are hosting a whole host of events for all of the family – from delicious gourmet dinners, cabarets and craft days. Head over to our Events Page for a full listing.