Christmas Murder Mystery – 12th December 2019
It will be murder this Christmas at Hadley Park!
Our Christmas Murder Mystery is the perfect way for a group of friends who want to do something different this Christmas . Our award-winning Shropshire hotel is delighted to welcome the talented team from Murder 57 for an evening of fun, intrigue …. and murder!
Who Saw Someone Killing Santa Clause?
Benton’s Department Store is having a Christmas party to celebrate owner Arthur Benton’s birthday, which incidentally, is on Christmas Day. Arthur always likes to throw a lavish party and hand round gifts to all his staff but tonight is an extra special night! Arthur intends to make an announcement that may cause an almighty shock! Will everyone react the same way? Just what is Arthur about to reveal? Is there somebody who will stop at nothing to keep things quiet? Has someone got a secret to hide? Christmas may never be the same again.
We will be serving a delicious two-course dinner and coffee during which time the action will unfold around you. Once you’ve interrogated, pondered and discovered whodunnit, the evening event will follow with a Christmas disco.
Suggested dress code: Christmas Party or Pantomime
Our Christmas Murder Mystery is priced at £34.95pp which includes a 2-course dinner with tea and coffee, entertainment and disco.
Stay over in one of our 22 bedrooms for £89 per room (based on double occupancy, including full Shropshire breakfast). Large Suites and Executive Rooms also available at an additional charge.
Suggested dress code for the evening is: 1920’s.
What to Expect from your Evening:
- All character roles in the murder mystery are played by a cast of professional actors.
- Your role during the event is to act as an investigator – questioning the suspects, watching the incidents and perhaps, discovering bodies! Guests are not required to act nor to be put into teams.
- The action will unfold around you and you will have the opportunity to interrogate all the suspects. You are also encouraged to freely roam the restaurant and to talk to characters as often as you wish.
- The event will be continuous throughout. Be careful you don’t miss anything!
- Evidence will be displayed for you to study.
- Please note that you may find yourself seated with guests from other parties and there will almost certainly be a character from the cast on your table.
- Large groups may be required to be split amongst two tables and a character involved in the cast may be required to sit with you.
How to Participate:
- Bring a note pad and a pen with you to jot down everything you hear and to make sure you don’t forget anything!
- Interrogate the suspects. They may have something to hide.
- Listen carefully to what the suspects are saying to each other.
- Read the evidence that is displayed.
- Watch for any hidden facial expression that may give away a guilty secret.
- Be suspicious and trust your instincts.
- Above all, stay alert and keep your eyes and ears open. Trust no one. The person sitting next to you may be a murderer.
Please do not change the seating arrangements. The characters do not carry evidence on their person or in their pockets or handbags. Murder 57 aim to provide the best possible entertainment and cannot do so if there is excessive heckling or noise. Please be considerate to other guests. Finally, Murder 57 will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behaviour towards any actor or member of staff.